After the fireworks there was a huge concert and dance party down at the river. I didn't catch the name of the band but they were composed of several talented transvestites playing lots of funky old soul. LOVED IT! As you can see the crowd was extremely diverse, it was about midnight and there were old women, young children, university students, and that weird middle aged man behind me who kept grabbing my butt until I politely explained that if he did it again I was going to burn him with my cigarette. He stopped. And I continued dancing until some ridiculous hour of the morning.
One night we were walking down the street looking for something to do and we came upon these local kids who were playing music and dancing outside this church. This is their local perfomance of the French national anthem.

No comments:
Post a Comment