Thursday, July 2, 2009

Half Mast

I have less than twenty four hours of time and more than twenty four hours of work! Yikes. Well, half of my house is clean and my clothes are washed so that's a start I guess. I'm sitting in my dining room surrounded by the familiar while in great anticipation of the unknown. It's difficult to keep my brain from racing through the next month and a half. Even though I know better than to assume any of it will play out the way I picture, I find myself watching this voyage like a movie in my head.
It's always interesting to see how different things end up than the way I picture them. I can see my room, the school, the city, cafes, bars and streets perfectly in my mind. Yet, the second I get off the train all those visions I have created will be destroyed with reality.
Despite all my nervousness and anxiety, I would rather travel alone to experience the reality than settle for the made up visions in my mind.
For now, I'll just try and focus on not forgetting all my underwear or passport or guts.

No comments:

Post a Comment