L'Institut de Touraine, where I go to school everyday. It's directly across the street from my housing. SO convenient and GORGEOUS! The front part you see is a public park. There is a playground off to the right.
Side view from the street. 
Vive la France!
This is an average home in tours. Every building is unique in itself but they all are extremely detailed and ANCIENT.
This is Saint Martin's Cathedral. He was the bishop of Tours from 371-397. When he died they buried him in a stone sarcophagus and built a small chapel to honor him. Overtime, the chapel grew until it became a Basilica (a giant church basically) which was eventually sacked by the Huguenots in the sixteenth century. There are two GIANT towers that still stand today. They are ancient looking an SO big. You can see them from where I am staying. It is fascinating to see something so old, that so many people have gone in and out of still standing. The towers are blocked off now but I want to try to sneak in and explore one night. I just don't have the guts to do it by myself so I will have to find someone as dumb as me to come with!
This is Saint Martin's tomb. I only took one picture (this one) while I was inside because it was creepy and I didn't want all those religious people to get mad and chase me with torches.
That is one of the remaining towers of the Basilica straight ahead in the back. The cathedral is on the right. I was on my way to the Tabac (cigarette store) and I noticed that this church was open so I just walked on it. It's crazy how much history is literally right outside my door.

Well this is an abrupt change of pace! The university held a wine and cheese party and what you see is the result. I was on my way to my room when I ran into this. I like them :)

Most of the kids in the program are all from University of Toronto and the ethnic diversity is amazing. There are people from every walk of life. I met up with these guys and we walked down to the Loire the other night and shared a bottle of wine and stared at all the hobos.







Thanks for sharing these lovely photos! I'm actually going there (from Toronto) to study there in June! :)
ReplyDelete